Welcome to NVIDIA! Thank you for sharing your talents with us. NVIDIA strives to create an exciting and rewarding internship program. One that not only provides challenging work, but also a comprehensive benefits package—including onsite programs, discounts on the latest technologies, and more—to maintain the health and well-being of you and your family.
Health and Time Off
You are eligible for NVIDIA benefits if you’re a U.S.-based intern working at least 20 hours per week. You can cover your legal spouse or qualified domestic partner (same or opposite sex). You also may cover children if they are:
- Your natural, legally adopted, stepchildren, or foster children under age 26
- Your qualified domestic partner’s children under age 26
- Your children over age 26 who are unable to work because of a mental or physical disability and are approved for Social Security disability
- Under your legal guardianship, established before the child’s 18th birthday
- Your qualified IRS dependent for whom you are required to provide medical coverage under a qualified medical support order and who meets all of the criteria of a dependent child
Eligible NVIDIA interns and family members have a variety of benefits to choose from.
Your Medical Plan Options
You have up to five medical plans to choose from, depending on where you live. Some plan features are standard. For example, all of your options cover preventive care at no cost to you; all offer generous coverage for prescription medications; and all provide the financial protection you need in the event of major illness or injury.
Other features may be unique to a particular plan. Picking the right plan depends on your health care needs and your budget.
Keep reading for a brief overview of your medical plan options, or dive into a detailed plan comparison [PDF].
NVIDIA HSA and NVIDIA HSA Plus Plans
These medical plans offer the lowest payroll deductions in exchange for higher out-of-pocket costs when you get care.
With the NVIDIA HSA, you pay $0 out of your paycheck each month! Plus, enjoy robust coverage and all the benefits of the Health Savings Account.
If you do not enroll in a medical plan, you’ll be automatically enrolled in the NVIDIA HSA plan.
The NVIDIA HSA Plus gives you greater control over your healthcare spending, low payroll deductions, in- and out-of-network coverage, and tax-free savings from a Health Savings Account (as well as a contribution from NVIDIA).
If you live in Alabama, you have access to an additional health plan, the Blue HSA Gold plan. This also includes a Health Savings Account, with a contribution from NVIDIA.
This plan offers higher payroll deductions in exchange for more flexibility in choosing your physicians and predictable out-of-pocket costs. It also includes a lower deductible and in- and out-of-network coverage.
Kaiser Permanente HMO (California)
HMO plans offer no annual deductible and predictable copays when you need care. You must use in-network providers for your care.
Kaiser Permanente HSA
All the benefits of a medical plan with a Health Savings Account, with the familiarity of the Kaiser network.
Your Dental & Vision Plan Options
In addition to major medical coverage, NVIDIA offers vision and dental benefits to keep your eyes bright and your smile sparkling.
Dental Plan Details
The NVIDIA Dental Plan covers in-network preventive care (cleanings, exams, and X-rays) at 100%. Details on what you pay for basic care, major care, and orthodontia, both in- and out-of-network, is in the chart below.
NVIDIA Dental Plan [PDF]
Vision Plan Details
Vision benefits are available through the Vision Service Plan. You make a small copay at the time of your visit for some covered services like yearly exams, eyeglass lenses, and contact lenses. Your share of the costs for everything from lenses to LASIK surgery is in the chart below.
Perks and Onsite Events
Once you’ve accepted an internship with us, we’ll provide more information on the following:
- Relocation—If your internship is in a different city from your university, we’ll pay for a roundtrip airline ticket to the NVIDIA office. If you opt to drive the scenic route, we’ll reimburse you for gas and travel expenses.
- Help with Shipping—We’ll reimburse baggage fees or shipping expenses to help you get settled at your internship location.
- Housing Stipend—You’ll get a housing stipend to help with your temporary living expenses.
- Events—The University Relations team hosts several events for interns throughout the season. These events are a great time to meet other interns from around the globe and learn some new technical and professional development skills!
- Paid Holidays—You’ll be paid for any official NVIDIA holidays while you’re here.
- Onsite Services—NVIDIA offers various perks and onsite services based on the needs of each office location. At our Santa Clara headquarters, we have an onsite concierge, car maintenance, dry-cleaning, shuttles, and bike repair.
- Company Gear Store—You will receive credit to our gear store, available through our intranet, stocked with NVIDIA products and merchandise.
- Employee Purchase Programs—We have several programs that can save you money on technology, entertainment and more.
- GuidanceResources EAP—This program provides a great safety net of professional, private and confidential services through a network of qualified counselors and resources.
Talk with your recruiter to learn more about any of the perks and benefits we offer.