Employees scheduled to work at least 20 hours a week can enroll in NVIDIA’s health and welfare programs, such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and various other voluntary programs. You can also cover eligible family members on these plans.
If you are an intern at NVIDIA, different rules apply.
Eligible Family Members
- Legal spouse of the opposite or same gender
- Qualified domestic partner of the opposite or same gender.
You may also cover children if they are:
- Your natural, legally adopted, or foster children under age 26
- Your stepchildren under age 26
- Your qualified domestic partner’s children under age 26
- Over age 26 and are unable to work because of a mental or physical disability, and approved for Social Security disability
- Under your legal guardianship, established before the child’s 18th birthday
- Your qualified IRS dependent for whom you are required to provide medical coverage under a qualified medical support order and who meets all of the criteria of an eligible child
Who’s Not Eligible?
- Leased employees
- Temporary employees
- Employees hired based on a written agreement for a specific assignment or project
- Collective bargaining employees
- Non-resident aliens
- Non-U.S.-based employees on assignment in the U.S.
Medical, dental, and vision coverage ends on the last day of the month in which you fail to meet eligibility requirements.
In some cases, you can continue medical, dental, vision, and GuidanceResources EAP coverage, as well as your Health Care Flexible Spending Account contributions, through COBRA. You’ll receive COBRA information within 30 days of your loss of eligibility.